We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Site or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
1. Situations in which We Collect Information
· We may collect and retain the following information from and about you if you interact with us through the Site: your email address and Site password;
· your payment details, billing and delivery addresses;
· your phone numbers;your location, browser type and operating system, website browsing patterns (e.g., through cookies) and purchase history;
· other information you actively submit to us or we can determine about you based on your interactions with the Site and services.
You may interact with us, for example, if you:
· register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with Travel Simply;
· open or respond to emails from Travel Simply;
· provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with other Sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
· visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
· purchase products or services on or through the Site;
· interact or connect with or link to the Site via integrated social networking tools; and
· post comments to the the Site.
2. Your Choices
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us.
You can manage your email and notice preferences by logging into your account through the Site or by adjusting the settings in our mobile application. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from, others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please refer to Travel Simply’s Cookies Policy for more information. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you register for customized email newsletters containing offers for local services, goods and travel, Travel Simply will work to make information more relevant for you and customize newsletters based on information you share, your location, website browsing preferences (for example, through cookies), purchase history or based on other attributes of your relationship with the Travel Simply. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages with Travel Simply, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from promotional email messages, you will still receive confirmations when you make purchases on the Site. You can reject and delete cookies and unsubscribe from newsletters at any time by clicking links in each newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
3. How We Use Information
We may process personal data to:
· Facilitate and process orders for vouchers and other goods and services;
· Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
· Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
· Establish and analyze individual and group profiles and customer behavior;
· Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us, the Sellers and our business partners;
· Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
· Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
· Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
· Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants and other business partners through the Site; and / or
Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling offers.
4. When and Why We Disclose Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except as follows:
· with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers within and outside of the European Economic Area, including, without limitation, Travel Simply, which has its registered offices at 252 Shipping Building, Hayes, UB3 1HA, to provide services for us, subject to strict contractual obligations to protect your personal data and process it on our behalf and under our control only;
· with the Sellers, so they can sell and deliver to you;
· to report or collect on debts owed to Sellers, merchants or other business partners;as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Travel Simply voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of a business partner;
· in case of a merger, acquisition or reorganization, with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
· to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
· to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting the Travel Simply Group.
· in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts, or
· with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We encourage business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with business partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through the Travel Simply is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and not subject to our control.
5 . How We Collect Information
You provide us with personal data when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase or redeem vouchers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to online communities.
You also provide personal data to us when you interact with the Site via cookies and other technologies [as described in the Travel Simply Cookies Policy.
We also receive personal data and other online and offline information from our business partners who may report to us redemption, collection, or refund-return events. We will use such information in accordance with applicable laws and this Privacy Statement.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
7. Your Rights in relation to Personal Data; Contact Us
You can access, update, rectify, and delete your information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any other personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you want to make use of any of the above rights, or other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data if you wish to close your Travel Simply account or if you have other questions or requests, please email us at email@example.com. You can also reach us via postal mail at the following address:
252 Shipping Building, Hayes, UB3 1HA
While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
8. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Social Site Features
10. Connecting through Social Networks
We offer social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both the Site and a social network, when you use the Site’s social networking connection functions, you may connect your social network account with your Travel Simply account (this happens automatically, if the email addresses match). If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts. If you are already logged into the Site but not logged into your social network site, when you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your social network website credentials or to sign up for the social network.
If you are not currently registered as a Travel Simply user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join Travel Simply. Once you register with us and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent Travel Simply activity back to your social network. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
11. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of information by us when you buy a voucher or product through the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, processing, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website and Mobile App;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website and Mobile App;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you comment on the Website certain information may be publicly visible. To comment, you must input your name and email address. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Report this ad
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: May 12th, 2018.